Friday, August 17, 2007

PUNDIT MAHARAJ GAVE ME SELF CONFIDENCE

I came to US after marriage. I am from a very small town in Haryana in India and I had just completed my high school. Being educated in a small town in Haryana, I did not know to speak English. My family knew his family well from the old days, and so our marriage was arranged.

Like every other girl, I came to live with my husband and make a home with lot of dreams in my eyes. But my husband found me to be below his level of intelligence. He called me a villager and did not respect me at all. I was soon like a servant in his big house. He had a lot of friends, and whenever he invited them home, he told me to be back in the kitchen itself and never come in front of the guests.

Even though I was from a decent and modest family, I had my pride. I hated being treated like this, and I tried to reason with him many times. All I got was a good beating. He threatened me that he will leave me if I tried to create problems for him. I was left with no choice as my education and language skills left me with no options in a strange country. One day, he decided to get some one else in my place, and simply kicked me out of the house. He told me that he doesn’t need my services any more because he had another woman in his life. I cried and begged but he threw me out of the house. I was sitting on the road and crying when a woman came and helped me. She took me to her home and gave me shelter. I helped her with small household works and other works related to her business.

One day she told me that she knew a pundit who was good in helping people and that’s how I came to speak to Pundit Ji Maharaj. He asked what I wanted. I told him that I wanted to have my husband back. He said that won’t be too difficult. I did whatever Pundit Maharaj told me, and soon, I started working. The interaction with outside world really helped me and I became more and more confident. I learned the language and became completely independent.

After some time, my husband came to meet me and offered me to come back home with him. Pundit Maharaj had given me my self-confidence back. The memories of my life at my husband’s home made me disgusted. With the pundit maharaj’s help, I told my husband that I did not care to come back home to such a man who did not care for me when I needed him most. I turned him down, and that made me feel so much better and confident.

The look on his face, when I refused him, is the most cherished memories of my life. Now, with the blessings of Pundit Jee Maharaj, I am making enough money to sustain myself and help other women who are facing similar situations. Thank you Pundit Ji maharaj, you have helped me find my destiny and given me so much self confidence and a position to help others. I will always be grateful to you, pundit ji.

No comments: